Remember 1997? We do!
- The Green Bay Packers beat the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XXXI
- Dolly the Sheep was introduced as the world’s first cloned mammal, and later then-President Bill Clinton banned federal funding for human cloning.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer premiered on the WB Television Network
- Paul McCartney was knighted by Queen Elizabeth II
- Princess Diana was killed in a car accident in Paris, thought to be caused by relentless paparazzi.
- A federal law was passed making 18 years old the legal age to smoke cigarettes.
- OJ Simpson was found liable in the death of Ron Goldman and Nicole Simpson, in a civil suit brought forward by the victims’ families.
- Avian Flu (aka “Bird Flu”) broke out in Asia.
- The average price for a gallon of gas was $1.22.
- The Dow Jones Industrial average closed at 7908.
- The Federal Reserve had interest rates set at 8.5%.
- Mike Tyson was suspended from boxing after biting off Evander Holyfield’s ear during a boxing match.
- Tiger Woods, then 21, became the youngest golfer to ever win the Masters.
- J.K. Rowling published the first book in the Harry Potter series, “Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone” in London. It was released in the US a year later under the title “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.”
- Nissen and Associates, now Nissen Staffing Continuum, opened its doors.
2017 is a big year for our company, as it marks our 20th year in business. We’ve learned a lot over the years and like most companies, we’ve had our share of both successes and setbacks. But through it all, we’ve grown and flourished and become the company that we are today, partners in your success and committed to results. We start this year by looking back, and being thankful for the people and the business partners that have made this all possible. According to Forbes, only 25% of small businesses stay in business longer than 15 years. We’re proud of what we’ve done here. We’re proud of our internal staff and our associates that work at our client sites. We’re proud of our clients and the businesses that we’ve had the honor to watch grow and share in the excitement of their successes.
So we invite you to join us on this journey of celebrating our past and looking forward to our future. In the coming months, we’ll be sharing some history, some stories and some dreams for our future. Congratulations to our team on twenty exciting years. Here’s to the next twenty!
An award-winning staffing expert in Southeastern Wisconsin in manufacturing, clerical, professional and light industrial placements, Nissen Staffing Continuum can assist you in finding great employees in Wisconsin for both your short-term and long-term needs. As your strategic partner in a tight employment market, we’ll help you take your staffing initiatives to the next level, whether it’s onsite programs, direct hire placement, temp-to-hire programs or temporary staffing. Our recruiters are supported by a full-time sourcing department dedicated to finding great employees for our clients. For more information about how we can help you find great employees, contact us today and allow us to help you with your HR needs so you can focus on your company’s success!