Did the year-end sneak up on you? Are you feeling pressure to meet your 2015 goals before 2016 hits you square in the face? It’s never too late to re-evaluate, revamp, and recharge. Even if you are ahead of the plan, don’t coast into the New Year – move into 2016 full speed ahead.
Every Tuesday – one week at a time:
Review the initial plan
- What were your goals in regards to marketing, new clients, increased production, increased staff, additional technology, etc.?
- In review, were they attainable and reasonable goals? Or not?
Evaluate your progress to-date
- Were there unexpected, but significant developments that stalled your plan?
- What could/should you have done differently?
- What attitudes and actions moved you forward and which ones created roadblocks?
- This is not a time to beat yourself up – that only hinders the next step. It’s a time to be honest and learn – to take advantage of 2015 hindsight for 2016 planning.
Adjust your goals
- If you want to reach the finish line, you might need to revise the road map.
- Narrow your focus – what really matters?
- What will make the biggest difference?
- What will keep you most on track as you enter 2016?
Replace your battery – rejuvenate company passion – harness the power of your team
- Begin at the top, of course, but involve everyone.
- Create a fresh perspective.
- Provide motivation to finish the year at top performance.
- Take time to look back and see how far you’ve traveled and what you’ve accomplished – it’s the best motivator for moving forward.
Connect with the company team
- Seek their insight and ideas for 2016.
- Evaluate their strengths: Use each employee in the position that fits them best – don’t put your “people person” in the back crunching numbers.
- Plan for new hires: Go for quality – it may cost more initially, but in the end it saves time and expense.
Take care of your team – they are your best asset.
- Bring on the praises – say thanks in tangible ways.
- Feed them – if they have to “stay late” a few times, food always helps.
- Provide support for the team – take advantage of temporary staffing.
The black and white checkered flag
- Cross the finish line – you did it!
- Celebrate with the team.
- Give credit where credit is due – plus a little.
- Fill the gas tanks and greet 2016 with a smile!
Here at Nissen Staffing Continuum, we are behind your team for every lap of the race. We do more than “find new team members.” From temporary and temp-to-hire to direct placement, we provide quality staffing to support your business goals and help you cross the finish line. Contact us today for a full continuum of staffing solutions – that’s what we deliver.